Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome to our Family!

Wow! What a month it has been. I can’t tell you how blessed we feel after an abundance of love has been showered down on us. As our Christmas letter stated, Rhett was laid off just after Thanksgiving from his job at Clear Visions, Inc, where he had worked as the Assistant Controller/Human Resources Manager for 2 ½ years. What a surprise!!! We bounced back quickly though and he is currently working a temp-to-hire position doing Fixed Assets for Pioneer Drilling Company (mostly natural gas, but some oil). He is enjoying the work, but is still interviewing for that “dream job”. He has had several interviews last week and this week, so we keep praying that he will continue to be led in the right direction. Rhett only has 3 classes left, then it’s off to the CPA exam for him. Yeah!!! I can’t believe we’re finally this close after all these years of dreaming about it.

Getting back to the “shower of love” I spoke about, we were surprised almost daily at the outpourings of gifts, money and food given to us. It definitely helped us have a little bit merrier of a Christmas. We were amazed by the amount of support that was shown us while we “weathered the storm”. Thanks to all of you for your continued love and support that we feel from you. We love you all!!!

I have a couple of new things to share about me. I was finally able to figure out how to offer my creative services to those in need! My other blog is at http://mimzyscreations.blogspot.com/ which offers my homemade cards, scrapbooking expertise and jewelry making. If you or someone you know are interested, please check it out! Also, I decided to make a change from the mundane "highlights" in my hair, so I dyed it. Cinaberry is the color...yes, that's red! If you want to see a picture of me with red hair, I suggest you check out my other blog site!!!

Austin received a baseball glove, bat and balls for Christmas, a United States puzzle and his special favorite…a file box complete with 2 reams of paper, crayons, pencils and folders (to keep his art in). I don’t know that he has stopped drawing yet!

Logan had yet another “Thomas” extravaganza for Christmas. We got him an electric train set (40% off I must add), books, coloring book, puzzle…all Thomas! He was (and still is) in train heaven. Our biggest news about Logan is that he is FINALLY potty-trained. We can all sing Hallelujah to that one!!!

Carson’s Christmas included an animal train, puzzle, book and another favorite…Winnie the Pooh. He has LOVED Pooh bear since we got him a stuffed one at Disney World this summer. Carson’s most recent accomplishment is learning to climb out of his crib and up on top of the bunk beds. Fun for me!

Things are going well for us now. I’ll keep you updated on Rhett’s job search. We loved hearing from a lot of you via emails or Christmas cards last month. Keep the updates coming!!!

No comments: